How-much-will-a-pack-of-joints-cost-the-future-of-mass-market-marijuana?

How-much-will-a-pack-of-joints-cost-the-future-of-mass-market-marijuana?

Marijuana is for sale in Colorado and Washington, so it's seemingly only a matter of time before packs of joints are available as well — but how much will a pack run you? After doing some extensive research, Fast Company's Thor Benson came up with around $50.

He reached that number by comparing the estimated cost of marijuana production (about $2 to $3 per gram) with common industry margins (rumored to be between 40 percent and 50 percent) and factoring in the economies of scale wielded by large companies like Marlboro. At the very most, an average pack of joints might run you about $120 — the amount Denver-based store Medicine Man asks for a 20-pack of pre-rolled, one-gram joints.

Benson even sought input from Jeff Caldwell, a representative from Marlboro's parent company, but Caldwell wouldn't speculate on the potential costs of joint packs. Caldwell said that his company had "no plans to sell marijuana-based products," but Benson isn't so sure. "Marlboro is in the business of making money," he writes, and considering estimates that marijuana sales could drive $20 billion in taxes alone, Marlboro could find the opportunity too good to pass up. Another option for Marlboro would be selling less pricey "spliffs" — 50 percent marijuana, 50 percent tobacco joints — which Benson estimates could cost just $20 per pack.

Marijuana joints should cost about ten times as much as cigarettes, Benson claims, but does that mean they deliver ten times the pleasure?



Comments

  1. Helpful info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I am stunned why this twist of fate didn't took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be finish of mine day, except before ending I am reading this enormous article to increase my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now not certain where you're getting your info, however great topic. I must spend some time studying much more or understanding more. Thank you for great info I was looking for this information for my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy I am so delighted I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great b.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely see your expertise in the work you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an e-mail. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am truly grateful to the owner of this web page who has shared this great paragraph at at this place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog right here! Also your website lots up very fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink for your host? I desire my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there mates, how is all, and what you wish for to say about this paragraph, in my view its in fact remarkable in support of me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent article. Keep writing such kind of info on your page. Im really impressed by it.
    Hi there, You have performed an incredible job. I'll certainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's actually a great and useful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings! I've been following your web site for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Usually I do not read post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, quite great article.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article, totally what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Highly descriptive post, I liked that a lot. Will there be a part 2?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it when people get together and share opinions. Great site, continue the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I must thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this site. I'm hoping to see the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own site now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice article. I certainly appreciate this site. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know this web page offers quality dependent posts and extra material, is there any other site which gives such stuff in quality?

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's enormous that you are getting ideas from this piece of writing as well as from our argument made here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm completely confused .. Any tips? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am actually pleased to read this weblog posts which consists of tons of helpful data, thanks for providing these data.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Word verification with comments to show us your human and not auto spam junk.

Popular posts from this blog

Cancer

Myasthenia Gravis vs. Lambert Eaton Syndrome ?